Monday, March 23, 2009

Project Runway Miscellany

If you, like me, are missing the best reality show ever, I have no good news for you. Check out this solid reporting from ABC News from earlier this month for a rundown of the bleak situation that has left the show in limbo.

It seems to me that old Harvey is really being a greedy schmuck in this particular case. Yes, it's hard to pick sides between the Weinstein's and NBC (I mean, please!) but it appears from the outside that Bravo/NBC has done a terrific job of promoting the show, and has been at least 50% responsible for its success. The judge in the case seems to feel the same way, based on the injunction that's keeping the show from moving to Lifetime.

I happen to love Project Runway--because, aside from all the obligatory (and yes, fun) reality show nuttiness, it consistently showcases people with real talent. Many of these designers are, for want of a better term, fabulous--and there is too little true artistic skill on display in American pop culture these days.

Meanwhile, last season's badgirl designer, Kenley Collins, makes big news here in NYC. Ouch.

And finally, you can always play at home. My 7-year old daughter gives this a big thumbs up. I kinda like it, too.

1 comment:

  1. I just put your daughter's recommendation on my Amazon wish list.

    ReplyDelete